World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
will pluck us from the Shadowlands and drop us right into the mythical Dragon Isles. You can expect playable dragons, rideable dragons, and playable dragons riding rideable dragons too. We’ll be headed to the homeland of the dragons, where both Alliance and Horde will face some newly-awakened ancient mysteries.
Quick facts on WoW: Dragonflight
- Level cap: 70
- New playable race: Dracthyr, which are Dragons, obviously
- New mounts: Also dragons
- New zones: Four new zones, one new starter zone
- System overhauls: HUD rework, new talent system, professions updates
- Group content: Eight new dungeons and a new raid
- New race/class combinations
- Dragonflight is the latest expansion for World of Warcraft, taking place in a new “massive” Dragon Isles continent.
- The Dragon Isles were sealed away magically by the Titans, but a surge of power has reawakened the magic beneath the land.
- The Dragon Aspects (blue, red, black, bronze, and green dragons) return to the isles, to reclaim their place as the guardians of Azeroth.
- The expansion will set a new level cap to 70, and feature several new dungeons and raids, starting with a “Primal Incarnate” raid.
- The story will be more grounded and Azerothian, rather than cosmic, as we’ve seen in the previous recent expansions.
- The expansion will add a new draconic race called the Dracthyr.
- The Dracthyr will only have access to the new Evoker class, which is a medium-range DPS or healer that uses draconic abilities.
- A new Dragonriding skill will allow players to traverse Dragon Isles’ vertical map designs, with a large array of customization with new physics-oriented flying mechanics. Blizzard also plans to add PvP dragon races in the future.
- Blizzard is focusing on core systems for this expansion, fully revamping professions to make them more collaborative and deep. The UI and HUD will also get a revamp.
- Old school talent systems are returning, with players able to allocate points into a tree, rather than select from boring rows of three options every few levels.